Welcome!

For last year's words belong to last year's language, And next year's words await another voice -  To make an end is to make ...

Monday, 31 July 2017

Welcome!

For last year's words belong to last year's language,
And next year's words await another voice - 
To make an end is to make a beginning.
~ T.S Eliot



Firstly, my name isn't actually Han Marie. Hello, I’m Hannah and Marie is my middle name, which I’ve never actually liked but it sounds cute as a blog title so I’m warming up to it. Welcome to my blog! I’m a 20 year old English Literature and Creative Writing student at the University of Surrey and I’ve always loved writing. In fact, I’ve had a couple of blogs before where I posted my poetry and prose but it was all very cringe and I’ve decided it’s finally time to take this seriously.

Would you like the good news or the bad news first? The bad news is that I really don’t have a proper niche as I’m one of those annoying people that gets obsessed (and I mean obsessed) with a ‘thing’, like crochet for example (yes, I did actually crochet a blanket solidly for an entire summer) and then discovers a new addiction and puts their life and soul into that, completely dropping the previous ‘thing’. The good news is, you’ve got a pretty good chance of finding one of these things useful or interesting. Essentially, I want this space to be somewhere I can record everything that I learn on my very wobbly road through life. In addition, the creative writing part of my degree and my similar passion for art means that I am somewhat whimsical (whatever that means) and I hope that I can discuss life and its passions in a warm, open and reflective environment.

All this being said, let me list a few of my interests for you so that you know whether to stick around. The biggest areas in my life are being a student, my unhealthy preoccupation with becoming an organised ‘Girlboss’ (watch the series on Netflix it’s great) and reaching all my career goals in the publishing industry, books and reviews (I LOVE books), skincare and hair and my somewhat long-distant relationship with my army boyfriend. Yes, I am a very wise princess ruler of a Disney kingdom and sit by the window brushing my long hair whilst singing and reading a book. I am also being forced to obtain a degree and deal with adult things so it’s a pretty hard life. I’d also love to write about mental health, journaling and writing tips, more general beauty, yoga and mindfulness, channelling girl power and maybe even crochet (lol).

The title of this blog is my cute middle name and, like everyone else, I’m just a girl lost in the middle of the big wide world. I like to pretend that I have my life together and write about it. When this charade falls apart, I like to write about that too. I suppose that this is a lifestyle blog and I can’t wait to make this new journey with you all!

Have an amazing day and a wonderfully productive week and I’ll see you soon with some exciting tips, info and probably some depressing poetry depending on how the keeping my life together thing goes this week.


Love Han xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books I'm Currently Reading

  • Leave Your Mark - Aliza Licht
  • Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov
  • A Woman's Place - Ruth Adam